The meeting was called to order at 9:15 am. Supervisors Peterson & Bilek were in attendance along with the Clerk and the Township maintenance crew. Members of the Crow Wing County Planning Commission were also present.
The Supervisors reviewed the Baleisis property and the currently requested variances to allow lake and road setbacks to accommodate a 20x24’ garage. A recently submitted storm water management plan was reviewed along with information regarding compliance with conditions required with previously granted variances. Discussion included the effect of the proposed construction on road maintenance, safety, and water drainage.
Motion by Peterson, second by Bilek to recommend disapproval based on the following findings:
• Proposed structure would be too close to both the road and the lake.
• Applicant placed existing structure in violation of previously granted variances.
• Proposed curbing is placed in the road area and would present difficulties in maintenance, potential damage to maintenance vehicles, and water drainage & erosion issues.
• Placement of proposed structure is not consistent with surrounding properties.
• Construction would destabilize the hill.
• Other obstructions placed in road right of way by applicant.
There being no further business to conduct, the meeting adjourned at 9:35 am.
Ideal Township Clerk
May 25th, 2017