History of Ideal Township
Originally established in 1899 - and officially chartered in 1902 - Ideal Township is governed by a three-member, elected Board of Supervisors. The Clerk/Treasurer is a non-voting member of the Board.
- The Township consists of 35 square miles.
- A full-time staff maintains, including snow plowing, more than 52 miles of township roads.
- A 30 member volunteer fire department provides fire protection to the township.
- A park and the community center are located at 35458 Butternut Point Road.
- The township maintains a transfer station for garbage, recycling & composting services.
Here are some stories submitted to Ideal Township Centennial Committee during our celebration in 2002. Take a look to get some insight into the history of Ideal and its residents.
|Ben Knebel Retires||Gramma Knebel||Reverend Knebel|
|Mailboat Delivery||Gramma and Kids||Grandpa Meyer|
|Big Fish Story||Gramma and John||Grandpa Knebel|
|On the Lawn||Gramma and John 2||The Gang|