The meeting was called to order at 8:30 am. Supervisors Peterson, Johnson, and Bilek; and the Clerk were present.
The officers received training by the MN Association of Townships. After the training sessions, the Board convened to conduct the Reorganizational Meeting.
The clerk presented an agenda of reorganizational items:
- Motion by Johnson, second by Bilek to select Peterson as Board Chair. Carried unanimously.
- Motion by Peterson, second by Johnson to select Bilek as Board Vice Chair. Carried unanimously.
- The schedule of regular Town Board meetings was confirmed as the 2nd Monday of each month at 7 pm at the Town Hall. If falls on legal holiday, the Board will meet the following day at the same time & place. For purposes of Town Board meetings, Columbus Day is not considered to be a holiday. The Board Chair will make the call to postpone in case of extreme weather.
- The public notice policy was confirmed with the official newspaper as named at the Annual Meeting to be Echo/Journal with notices also published in the Northland Press. Posting of notices will be on the bulletin board outside the Town Hall entrance and on the Township website at idealtownship.com.
- Motion by Peterson, second by Johnson to set assignment of duties same as last year as follows:
- Road & Bridge Peterson
- Fire Department Liaison Peterson
- Transfer Station/Recycling Bilek
- Parks & Township Grounds Johnson
- Weed Control Peterson
- Safety Officer Johnson
- Big Island Liaison Bilek
- Public Communication All
- Comprehensive Plan Johnson
- Planning & Zoning Bilek
- Policy Development All
- Legislative Issues Johnson
- Bank Reconcile Audit Bilek
- Other Unassigned Bilek
- Town depository confirmed as accepted at the Annual Meeting – Lakes State Bank & American National Bank. Motion by Peterson, Second by Bilek. Carried unanimously
- The Town legal counsel was designated as follows. Motion by Bilek, second by Johnson. Carried unanimously:
- Gerry Brine of Breen & Person LTD for issues related to real estate;
- The firm of Couri & Ruppe, PLLP for issues related to Township authority.
- The list of officers was completed to be submitted to the county and the township association.
- Set operational policies:
- Office hours are 10-3 Monday-Friday.
- Photocopy price increased to $0.20 per page.
- Expense reimbursement policy reviewed. Motion by Peterson, second by Bilek to implement cell phone allowance as $40/month for officers, clerk, maintenance staff, and transfer station lead effective 4/1/2018. Carried unanimously.
- Hall rental policy as previously approved.
- Reviewed consolidated insurance coverages. No changes needed.
- Accounting practices to continue. Written policy needed.
- Website & email will be moved to new hosting soon.
There being no further business to conduct, the meeting adjourned at 3:25 pm.
Ideal Township Clerk
April 6th, 2018